‘Getting to Zero’ UK Materials and Manufacturing Industry
1st December 0930h – 1200h GMT
Co-sponsored by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
UK FIRES is researching options for decarbonisation of UK materials and manufacturing companies, particularly those in the foundational industries. This event was aimed at putting companies’ decarbonization programme in perspective and get new ideas to develop it. We explored:
- Planning and target setting for decarbonisation
- Technology choices for eliminating emissions
- Readiness for decarbonisation opportunities and constraints
What are the main sources of scope 3 emissions that manufacturing companies should be focusing upon? What are the options for their abatement? What new business opportunities for materials and manufacturing companies might arise on the race to zero?
In preparation for the workshop we conducted a short survey on plans and progress for decarbonisation. Bringing together our research and the views of industry, we designed and facilitate an innovation workshop for industry participants with the aim of exploring pathways to net zero 2050 and key strategic choices on the way.
- Translate what UK’s commitment to net-zero emissions means for your business
- Assess how ready your business and supply chain are for decarbonisation
- See how your responses compare to others in the UK Materials and Manufacturing supply chains.
Please see our events page for details of upcoming workshops and events.