‘Getting to Zero’ UK Materials and Manufacturing Industry
1st December 0930h – 1200h GMT
Co-sponsored by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
Like to join us?
Please sign-up below for the workshop and a member of the UK FIRES research team will get in touch.
UK FIRES is researching options for decarbonisation of UK materials and manufacturing companies, particularly those in the foundational industries. Join-in to put your company’s decarbonization programme in perspective and get new ideas to develop it. We will explore:
- Planning and target setting for decarbonisation
- Technology choices for eliminating emissions
- Readiness for decarbonisation opportunities and constraints
What are the main sources of scope 3 emissions that manufacturing companies should be focusing upon? What are the options for their abatement? What new business opportunities for materials and manufacturing companies might arise on the race to zero?
In preparation for the workshop we will conduct a short survey on plans and progress for decarbonisation. Bringing together our research and the views of industry, we will design and facilitate an innovation workshop for industry participants with the aim of exploring pathways to net zero 2050 and key strategic choices on the way.
The workshop will be held by Zoom on 1st December 0930h-1200h. There is no cost, other than your time.
Results will be reported March 2021 and available for download from the UK FIRES project website.
Benefits for Participants
- Translate what UK’s commitment to net-zero emissions means for your business
- Assess how ready your business and supply chain are for decarbonisation
- See how your responses compare to others in the UK Materials and Manufacturing supply chains.
The workshop is part of UK FIRES, an ambitious EPSRC-funded programme for reaching net-zero 2050 using technologies that are commercially available today. The workshop has been organised in partnership with: